Swansea University now has access to the FAME database (Financial Analysis Made Easy).
FAME gives access to financial & company information on 7 million UK & Irish companies. You can use it to research individual companies, search for companies with specific profiles and for analysis.
What information does FAME contain?
- Company financials, in detailed format, with up to 10 years of history
- Financial strength indicators
- Directors and contacts
- Original filings/images as filed at Companies House and the Companies Registration Office in Ireland
- Stock data for listed companies
- Detailed corporate structures and the corporate family
- Shareholders and subsidiaries
- Market research
- Adverse filings
- Business and company-related news
- M&A deals and rumours
If you are on campus you can access FAME at: http://www.fame.bvdep.com/ip
Off-campus you can access the database at: http://fame.bvdep.com/athens (you will need your Personal Athens username and password).
A 2-page FAME user guide can be downloaded from http://www.swansea.ac.uk/lis/HelpAndGuides/database_guides/
Look out for our training sessions … coming soon!