Make sure you get the most out of your library over the Christmas break!
If you are heading home…
- Make sure you have renewed all your library books or fines will accrue daily! You can access your library account online: https://ifind.swan.ac.uk/discover/MyResearch/Home. Login and go to “Items on Loan” to check what you have out. If you run into problems, call our Issue Desk on 01792 295178. You will not be able to renew books that are in demand and have been requested by other students so these will need to come back to the library before you leave (or be posted back).
- Remember you can access all our electronic content off-campus: follow the links in our library catalogue or iFind Research to access databases and journal articles. You can also set up Google Scholar to link into our paid-for content. Try our guide on troubleshooting problems with e-journals. We have had some problems recently with off-campus access to Proquest Business Collection but this should now be working – please do contact us if you run into difficulties so we are alerted to problems! The best email to use is library@Swansea.ac.uk.
- We have a large collection of e-books which you can access from home, including some key business titles. Our e-books are on three publisher sites – we have a guide on how to make the most of each one.
If you are staying in Swansea…
- The library opening hours over the Christmas period can be found on our website (see the menu on the left for future dates). Please note that the library is completely closed on 25th & 26th December and 1st January.
- When we re-open on 2nd January there will be a new card-swipe system for late night access – more about this on our website.
Your library team will be…
…ordering more copies of in-demand textbooks – funds are limited but we will try to add extra copies of those titles where we see a queue of requests building up (always make a request for a book if all the copies are out – this helps alert us that we need to buy more!)
…checking reading lists from lecturers for TB2 modules
…helping students find the information they need and reference it correctly.