Make sure you get the most out of your library over the Christmas break!
If you are heading home…
- Make sure you have renewed all your library books or fines will accrue daily! You can access your library account online: https://ifind.swan.ac.uk/discover/MyResearch/Home. Login and go to “Items on Loan” to check what you have out. If you run into problems, call our Issue Desk on 01792 295178. You will not be able to renew books that are in demand and have been requested by other students so these will need to come back to the library before you leave (or be posted back).
- Vacation loans start on Tuesday 9th December 2014, the return date is Wednesday 7th January 2015. Books renewed on or after the 9th December will have not have to be returned or renewed again until the 7th of January.
- Remember you can access all our electronic content off-campus: follow the links in our library catalogue or iFind Research to access databases and journal articles. You can alsoset up Google Scholar to link into our paid-for content. Try our guide on troubleshooting problems with e-journals. We have had some problems recently with off-campus access to Proquest Business Collection but this should now be working – please do contact us if you run into difficulties so we are alerted to problems! The best email to use is library@Swansea.ac.uk.
- We have a large collection of e-books which you can access from home, including some key business titles. Our e-books are on three publisher sites – we have a guide on how to make the most of each one.
If you are staying in Swansea…
- The library opening hours over the Christmas period can be found on our website (see the menu on the left for future dates). Please note that the library is completely closed on 25th & 26th December and 1st January.
Enjoy your break!