Hi Bay Library users, I’m Grant and I work here as a Service Adviser on the Library desk at the Bay. Previously I worked for IT Support at Aberystwyth University. Here are some top tips regarding the security of your university password:
- Go to https://mypassword.swan.ac.uk to change your password from the default password you were given at the beginning of your SU studies.
- Make your password more than 10 characters long. The longer the better.
- Use higher and lower case letters.
- Use at least, 2 numbers and 1 special character ($%*&) in your password.
- Use different passwords for different systems.
- Change your passwords every now and again.
- Never share your password with anyone – not even a member of Library and IT staff.
Keep secure. Stay safe.