MINTEL, our current database of the month, has recently published ‘Consumer trends 2016’. This report details the 5 keys consumer trends for the coming year.
- One the water front – Shortages will make water an increasingly precious and politically charged commodity, encouraging innovation in sourcing recycling and manufacturing.
- Space-time continuum – Space and time are at a premium, becoming new currencies in their own right and creating new marketplaces.
- My mind’s eye – Virtual and augmented reality technologies enter out homes and businesses to entertain, trial and train.
- Pond filter – Fears surrounding the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) will cause consumers and brands to react by favouring purer and more natural products.
- Archbeacons – Beacons can flourish in retail and leisure by making consumers feel in the know and ahead of the game.
Download your copy of the full report at http://news.mintel.com/2174-3UI68-K1EX52-1VBKYF-1/c.aspx
You can find many more MINTEL reports via our subscription. To gain access simply search for MINTEL in iFind and log in using your university username and password. You will then be able to browse market research reports, analyst insights and news for the food, leisure, technology, e-commerce, and drink sectors.